Saturday, November 1, 2014

more Monthly Moments: October...

I'm back with one more project created with Papertrey Ink's Monthly Moments: October products. My girls decided to get the same Halloween costume this year, so when we got home from shopping, they put on their costumes to try them out, and I was able to grab a quick pic! (Pictures of them are getting scarce these days!!) Usually Halloween is chaotic for us, so I love to get photos of them before the actual day we go trick-or-treating and in the daylight.

First, I printed out the photo in a 4x4" format. I chose two of the orange patterned papers from the Journal Card Collection for October and trimmed them to 4x4" also. I cut out a Monthly Moments: Journal Card 5 die from white cardstock. I LOVE this die and because of it, I decided to go with a star theme for my layout.

This page was easy to create by just tucking the papers and photos together, randomly and crooked to add a little bit of Halloween quirkiness, and then added a few embellishments, like the stamped "trick or treat", "boo" and "october". I cut the bats from one of the journal cards.

The straws were cut in half and glued to the page, just to add a border to hold it all together and a bit more red to the page. Now I have a visual triangle with the red  - in the photo, the top border and the bottom border. If you look closely, you'll see a visual triangle of orange and a visual triangle of black also! Just a little design tip for you. Sometimes I don't do it purposely, but I always notice it later that that's how I like to embellish! And...I just noticed there's also a visual triangle with the stars!

Boo scrapbook layout:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Monthly Moments: October
INK: True Black, white and cream cardstock
PAPER: Monthly Moments: October Journal Card collection
DIES: Monthly Moments: October, Journal Card 5 die
OTHER: black mist by Heidi Swapp, straws from Target, paper clip, chevron flair by A Flair for Buttons on Etsy, stars from my stash (unknown).
______

For more Monthly Moments: October inspiration,
visit Ashley Cannon Newell, Heather Nichols and Melissa Phillips.

No comments: