Monday, May 5, 2014

Make It Monday: video tutorial.

Hey there, and happy Monday to you!
What's better than getting a card in the mail from someone special? Getting one that's all decorated on the outside too! I have a new video to share with you this morning with Papertrey Ink all about "Envelope Wraps".

Envelope Wraps are a great way to dress up your envelopes by using Papertrey Ink's stamps and dies. You can add them to an envelope you are mailing. If you do so, I would recommend running them through a Xyron machine to make them super sticky before mailing, so they don't come off during the shipping process. (And ask the postal worker to "hand stamp" them!) Or you can just use them to dress up an envelope for a gift box or gift bag you are hand-delivering!

The Wine Bottle Tag die is what I used to create these wraps for my envelopes. But you could use any sort of larger tag die that would wrap around to the back of your envelope, or you can just cut a piece of cardstock and score and wrap it around to the back. Won't these make your envelopes so much fun for the mail?! The mailman (or lady) will love seeing some bright and happy envelopes, and your recipient too.

This is what the Wine Bottle Tag die looks like when you wrap it around to the back (the circle).

Swing by Nichole's blog to see the full video on how to create these, and hopefully it will give you lots of ideas for dressing up your boring white envies!

Envelope Wraps:
(All supplies are by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)

11 comments:

Rachel Izakowicz said...

These are stunning!

Annette Allen said...

aww these are awesome.. totally love

Jeanne said...

I have been playing with these ideas! Love, love, love how fun it is to dress up the envelope! Lie it better than a lined envelope. I would think the postal worker would smile passing them along!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty!!!!

Unknown said...

Perfect timing for these, Danielle, with Mother's Day around the corner. Gorgeous and fun to make! Happy Mother's Day to you!

K said...

Your envelope wraps are so pretty. I love the color combos and all of the watercolor bits on the envelopes. Thanks for the great MIM video and I very much appreciate your comment on my blog.

Manuela said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, the Idea of the envelope wraps was new to me, it's fun to make them :-)
your inspiration samples are beautiful
Manuela

Jacquelynchandler@sbcglobal.net said...

I love these. I can't tell what stamp/die sets that you used. Would you mind sharing with us? I would really appreciate it !!

Diana K said...

Loved your video and your wraps are gorgeous. As always.

Danielle Flanders said...

Sure, Jacquelyn, I will add a list in my blog post today. Thanks for your kind notes, everyone!!
Danielle

Kathy Krug said...

I love how you used the instant photo and clip tip dies. You give us so many ideas and inspirations.