Friday, December 28, 2012

Studio Calico Block Party kits...

Have you been over to the Studio Calico kit club today? All of the January kits are up for sale and the reveal of the new creative team galleries are up! Thought I'd pop in and share some things I made with the kits.
This one is made with the add-on #2 Wildberry Court. I inked up the Pink Paislee hearts with stamping ink and the embossed design shows through. These chip hearts are SO cute, left plain or colored! They are from Pink Paislee's Artisan line.

Here I wanted to add a bunch of the fun patterns in the main Block Party Card Kit, so I cut strips and angled them for a quick card with a lot of fun impact. :) Papers are in the 6x6 paper pad.


This little card set was stamped with the main Block Party Card Kit stamps to create the backgrounds here. Loving gray lately! Such a nice neutral with any combo of colors!


This is a little pocket that comes in the main Block Party Card Kit and it already has the "hello" printed on the front and the red pattern inside the pocket, so I wanted to add some weight to the left side of the card to balance out the heaviness from the right side. I added some stickers from the add-on #4 Woodbrooke Road kit and punched hearts.
The red woodgrain heart is actually washi tape from the main card kit. I added it to white cardstock and then punched a heart from it. These are popped up with dimensional adhesive. I added a pocket within the pocket to add color! The orange pocket is from the Woodbrooke Road kit.
Another pocket here from Woodbrooke Road. Used a piece of vellum to write my thank you note and tuck inside the pocket, because I didn't want to cover up the pretty stripes. This card is a combo of the main card kit and the two add-ons I received, Woodbrooke Road and Wildberry Court.
Layered a 2" circle punched from patterned paper and some stickers for more interest on the front of this pocket.

Next up is a card that I used some "printables" on. These are the Digital Printables #2 (includes the yeah card and the gray notebook paper). Tape and background paper is from Woodbrooke Road, heart, arrow and dots are from Wildberry Court. (It turned out a bit different from my sneak, the reason is totally my fault...I had used the wrong cardstock and ribbon on this one and had to do it over. Turns out those products were from last month's card kit, and I didn't notice until after I had posted the sneak! So I had to do a little revamping! lol)

Last, but not least, a card made with Wildberry Court. I cut around the arrow paper to create a big arrow to house the hearts. 

Stop over to my gallery and be sure to see what the rest of the card kit team has made with the kits too. :)

8 comments:

Cathy said...

amazing, inspiring creations..as always! Love them all!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Love each & every one of your cards! Those little arrows are so fun! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Holly Saveur said...

SUPER CARDS!!!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Very cute cards,Happy New Year...

nancy said...

I really like how you used the Pink Paislee hearts, Danielle. And your mix of color and patterns is so lively. The last card with the chevron patterned paper is amazing.

Leigh Penner said...

Such fabulous card, Danielle! You are such a wonderful addition to their team!

Glenda J said...

These are all absolutely amazing Danielle! So glad you are on this team. Great work and happy 2013.

Diana Waite said...

fantastically beautiful cards!