Friday, July 27, 2012

the bold and the beautiful.

I don't know about you, but this week I've been recovering from the fun we had at Stamp-A-Faire! What a great event that was! I wanted to thank you so much for joining us, for your participation and kind words. We had a great time preparing everything for it, and could not have had the event without YOU. Thank you!
Now, is it just me - or do you also get totally sidetracked when you are trying to clean up your desk? I literally have papers, ink pads, dies and stamps every.where.!! But amidst the mess, somehow I was inspired to make this. Just for fun. (And my desk is still a disaster, but...crafting is much more fun than cleaning.)

I used Smokey Shadow cardstock for the base. Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Canyon Clay cardstock and inks were used for the hearts. Hearts are made with the Heart-2-Heart #3 stamps and dies. Fresh Snow ink works great for the sentiment on the gray cardstock.


I cut the front of this card shorter than the back, so the hearts would show on the inside, then added a little see-through Filigree die cut border. The sentiment is stamped onto a Photo Finish Strips die and then trimmed to fit my card.
The striped card was inspired by a card I saw at Treat.com. I loved the colors together against the darker background and the white sentiment. I was feeling in a "bright and bold" mood the other night while creating and wanted to try a fun color combo.
These little hearts would make cute balloons too for a birthday card if you moved the strings down to the bottom of the card. They are simply taped to the back of the hearts, and a little staple keeps the strings firmly in place. Now for some odd reason I'm craving some little conversational heart candies!




Bold Thank You card set:
STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #3
INK: Fresh Snow, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse inks
PAPER: Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse cardstocks
DIES: Heart-2-Heart #3, Photo Finish Strips, Filigree Border
OTHER: twine, pearls, staples, machine stitching.

11 comments:

Kara said...

Great cards! So bright and fun!! Creating is definitely more fun than cleaning!!

cutiephinphin said...

Pretty cards! Love how you die cut the filigree border at the side. Love how simple strips of paper would make a bright and fun card. Thanks for the inspiration.

June K said...

These cards are so pretty. I love all the bright colors on Smokey Shadow. I need to use Smokey Shadow more often.

Jill said...

I love the boldness of the colors on these! Lovely!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh wow, both cards are fantastic! The first with the filigree border has so much interest, and the last with those bold strips of color (and the stapled hearts!)is so fun.

LMcBurney said...

Those are very pretty cards. How will you write in them since the card base is so dark? I was just curious.

richardbreaks said...

These are gorgeous! I am now motivated to pull out my BLACK card stock!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE it so sweet and fun.

TenSGal said...

Oh, I love both of these cards....love the boldness of the colors and the filigree edge!

I know what you mean about getting distracted. I went to my craftroom to pack up for a day crop today and got a few things together (my desk is a DISASTER) but then proceeded to get distracted...sat down and made a fabulous card! LOL!!! So now I still need to pack!

Susan

Chrystina said...

I love the bright colors on the dark background!! I also love that lacy embellishment thing.

Jennifer K said...

Love the bright colors against the black card base!!!!