Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Floral foliage.

Welcome to Day 1 of the countdown festivities for Papertrey Ink! Today I'm focusing on the new Floral Foliage stamps and dies that are coming out on the 15th. On the first card, I started by making the card base from the Hexagon Cover Plate die out of white cardstock and folded it in half. I placed it over the top of vellum! Love how it looks!
I die cut the Floral Foliage tree from a piece of paper by Crate Paper and used Fine Linen patterned paper by PTI for the tree trunk. The "thank you" is from an older set called Peaceful Garden. (I couldn't fit the sentiment on from the Floral Foliage set on this one.)
Thank You vellum card:
STAMPS: Floral Foliage
INK: True Black
PAPER: Crate Paper, Fine Linen by PTI, white cardstock, vellum
DIES: Floral Foliage die, Hexagon Cover Plate die
OTHER: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, pearl.
-----------

On the second card, I focused mainly on the stamps. I stamped the large tree top in the center and embossed it with white embossing powder on Fine Linen cardstock, then stamped the little flowers flowing down the card - also embossed. I really like how the big tree top looks like a doily here! The sentiment is from this Floral Foliage set also.
I used some leaves from a new set called The Sweet Life that you'll see soon, a leaf die called Sending You, and some red Papertrey Ink felt.
Everything I could ever want in a friend card:
STAMPS: Floral Foliage
INK: Fresh Snow, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
PAPER: Fine Linen cardstock, Simply Chartreuse Pattern Pack, plaid paper by Lily Bee
DIES: Sending You die
OTHER: white embossing powder.
-----------

This one is made with My Mind's Eye paper, and I stamped the tree tops on the doily patterned background, embossed them so they would pop off of the gray background, then I used the Half & Half die collection to cut the pretty tag. This is my favorite mix of colors right now - they look so cute with the gray.


Added some seam binding and a little Crate Paper - Neighborhood brad.
Doily Friend Card:
STAMPS: Floral Foliage
INK: True Black, Fresh Snow
PAPER: Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye, Fine Linen cardstock
DIES: Half & Half
OTHER: Crate Paper brad, seam binding, corner rounder.
-----------

Last, I used another Half & Half die cut tag and stamped the tree with Hibiscus Burst ink and Classic Kraft ink.
The denim-looking hearts are cut with the Heart Border die.
Tag Friend Card:
STAMPS: Floral Foliage
INK: True Black
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock, My Mind's Eye
DIES: Half & Half die, Heart Border die
OTHER: Crate Paper sticker, Basic Grey sticker, pearls, ribbon by PTI.
-----------

Be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Betsy Veldman, and Ashley Cannon Newell for more peeks today!



23 comments:

Cammie said...

Wow, what a feast for the eyes and the creative soul this morning! I love the tree top cut with floral paper and the embossed tree tops are WONDERFUL!

jan metcalf said...

All of your cards are beautiful! Really love this style! The colors are rich, floral tree top is very clever, your white embossing, mix of patterns!

Unknown said...

Danielle, these cards are exquisite! I'd love to see how you've decorated your house...is it any reflection in these gorgeous cards?!

Suzanne Russell said...

Oh my, Danielle! My fav of the day is Doily Friend Card even though each one has your unique style all over it. The layers of stamping here is just amazing. Then there is the Vellum card...are there any limits to using the Hexie cover plate? I don't think so. You have proven that with this one! Love them all, thanks for the continuing inspiration! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards, Dani! I especially love your use of the half and half dies! When I saw your last card, I thought for a second there was going to be a new border die, but I guess that's maybe a sticker?

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous cards, I adore that tree die!

Jennifer K said...

Such pretty cards, Danielle. My very favorite is the third one - the gray with the pop of bright colors is awesome!

Danielle Flanders said...

Leigh, yes it's just a sticker. Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

Anonymous said...

That little folded hexagon card is my favorite of all the posts today - what a clever use of the die cut to showcase the scale of the new set. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Jill Norwood said...

What an incredible post of total beauty! Each card is special and unique! Love your design style and how you showcase the products! Thanks!!!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love the vellum background in the folded hexagon card!!! I also love that you used the tree stamp in a way that it looks like a doily!!! Way cute!!!

Debbie Brackett said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the colors you used and everything. Thank you for sharing!

Holly Saveur said...

Such sweet cards!

Evelin said...

I super love all your cards... they are all gorgeous!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Love the way you used the treetops!! The white embossing that looks 'doily'-like is really terrific!

F said...

Great use of the stamps. The tree embossed is awesome as a doily. You make me want to buy everything!!!!

jintyoo7 said...

How pretty :)

Diana Waite said...

wow GORGEOUS creations today!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Everything in this post is so SO pretty... I love everything - your take with this stamp set is just lovely!

Chris Scrap said...

tout est absolument magnifique ! j'adore tes cartes depuis toujours !!!

Mrightley said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the first one.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

SO many pretty cards - love your use of color!!

Maryana Volkova said...

Oh my God! Your cards are amazing!!