Saturday, July 21, 2012

1pm EST: Craft Conservation Badge- Limited Supply Challenge

Hi there! I hope you are having fun so far with all of the videos, techniques and projects by the team for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire event today. This is the "Limited Supply Challenge".


For the Limited Supply challenge, we were to use the following products on a project.

STAMPS: Natural Beauties
PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores,
Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse
RIBBON: Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot
BUTTONS: Simply Chartreuse
(+ any inks and dies)

For inks, I used Papertrey Ink's Harvest Gold, True Black, Soft Stone and Lavender Moon. Dies I used include Papertrey Ink's Fabulous Frames, Turning a New Leaf, Heart Border die, and Wonderful Words. (Note: I didn't have any Bitty Dot ribbon on hand, so I left it out.)

I began the layout with the "Smiles" stamp from the Natural Beauties set! I thought of making a layout of some of the funny things that Kati has said to me lately. She always makes me smile with her silliness. I stamped the "Smiles" saying twice, once in True Black and again in Soft Stone to create a shadow effect. I framed out a favorite photo of us, added more frames and some stamped flowers to balance out the page. Notice the visual triangle made with the green leaves and the Simply Chartreuse button, which brings your eye around the page.

The large leaves really draw your eye to the center and the photo. I created a layered flower with some of the different stamps and cut them out myself.

The Natural Beauties stamp set will be available for free on Stamp-a-faire day (July 21st, 2012) to all customers who make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more between 7am EST and 11:30pm EST, limit one per customer.

I can't wait to see what the other team members have made with these same supplies. Oh, and stop back later, as I have more blog posts to share with you today. :)



6 comments:

cards by cara said...

This is such a beautiful and heartfelt layout - I love it!

Kara said...

really stunning!!

cutiephinphin said...

Beautiful and sweet layout.

Terri said...

Great layout! Love all the different elements. Your daughter is a cutie. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

Custom Stamps Stamping said...

Quality blog, keep up the good work.

Dane said...

Muito lindo! :D