Saturday, December 4, 2010

Using up some scraps...

Yesterday I worked on a bunch of cards, just simple ones, for a friend of mine. She wanted me to make some card packs for her to give as gifts. So I thought I'd share a few that I made with you. They are mostly made with scraps that were on my desk....or things I used recently and were visible to me while creating! ha I tend to do that often...reach for what is most available to me.  I'll just share a few of them with you...
The green is a Parisian paper by Pink Paislee that I sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist, tan/orange paper is Sassafras, twine is from the Twinery, snowflakes are from Target (in the holiday section), rub on is Melissa Frances.
This one utilizes Queen Bee paper by Pink Paislee (green), Jenni Bowlin (purple) and Crate Paper -Restoration chipboard, Melissa Frances rub on, twine from the Twinery, Artisan Element by Pink Paislee (flower in center of bow).
On this next one, I liked the clean look of the white doily on white cardstock, so I kept it simple with a bow, white felt butterfly by Jenni Bowlin and Crate Paper chipboard.
This gray paper on the next card is another Parisian paper once again by Pink Paislee and is sprayed with Graphite Glimmer Mist. The butterfly is Jenni Bowlin, sticker is Crate Paper - Restoration, Artisan Element by Pink Paislee.
More Crate Paper here with their stickers and paper, Parisian paper at top (text under doily) and ticket, Melissa Frances pearls and rub on saying.
Here I used an Artisan Tape by Pink Paisee wrapped into a flower and topped with one of their Queen Bee cork buttons and brads. Stamp is Ali Edwards by Technique Tuesday.
A set of boy cards - I'm not very good at boy cards, so I kept them simple with a tag and some punched stars. The old wooden stars were from my stash and a Melissa Frances rub on finished it off. Quick and easy.


I hope this gives you a little bit of card inspiration - maybe you know someone who would love some hand-made cards and want to whip some up quick to tuck in with their gift! Cards don't have to be difficult to be nice- just use some of your scrap paper and embellishments to make some simple ones. I think your friends and family will appreciate them! :)
Danielle

16 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow! Can't believe you made these out of 'scraps' woah! So great!

Andrea Amu said...

So love these scrappy cards!
I tend to grab what's in site too!

Alia said...

Such great combinations of color and texture!

Deb said...

great cards Danielle. You are so talented.

Jennifer said...

they are all stunning!!

farmhouse-story said...

simply beautiful-all of them:)

LucianaW said...

I love your job....the cards are so sweet!
Congrats.
Kisses from Brazil

Kristin said...

These are all Beautiful. I especially love the clean simple beauty of the embellishments and the ruffled ribbon. TFS, Happy Holidays!

claudia shadler said...

such beautiful cards Danielle! totally inspired by them, luv luv the paper you used and the embellies. I do have a question, where do you yer rayon ribbon, I really like the colors!

Thanks,
C :)

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you ladies!
Clouds...I bought some plain white seam binding from zipperstop.com and I spray it with my Glimmer Mists by Tattered Angels! Crumple them up and let them dry. It takes the color beautifully. :)

rkokes said...

GREAT cards! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!!!

Kandis Smith said...

Oh Danielle! Can I just be you and make everything I touch beautiful for a day??!! Love all the cards girl!!

ScrappyLizzy said...

I absolutely adore your cards Danielle, you're such great inspiration!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

These are all so cute!

BethW said...

I so wish I could see scraps the way you do-these are all gorgeous! I would be so proud to make something like these.

Tracy said...

I really admire your work, Danielle! Card making is the best way to use scraps.