Tuesday, November 30, 2010

embellish with die cuts!

FYI on the puppy: she's doing great! The girls had a 1/2 day from school yesterday, so we put the Christmas tree up and the puppy went crazy with everything! But now that it's up, she's being a very good girl. I also got groceries and discovered that she loves boxes! Empty soda boxes, etc. She crawls right in and rolls around, it's hilarious to watch her!

I have a couple of Jenni Bowlin things to share today - just some odds and ends! The first is a card that I made for Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine's winter issue.

On this card, I used the Varsity line of mini papers by Jenni Bowlin, layered a vellum title that I made myself over the top and added a Jenni chipboard button, a Jenni sew-on button, Melissa Frances "brrr" sticker and pearls. I cut the snowflakes from my Sizzix die cuts out of the Jenni paper (polkadot) and cut them in 1/2. The scallops were fun to make! I used the JBS soap powder paint dauber to stamp on cardstock and then punched them out. If you dab them softly, you will get some white showing through....love how it looks like snow!
Then I just arranged the circles at the top to look like scallops!

This next page was done a long, long time ago for a book idea, but the book didn't pan out, so I'm able to share this one now. I was assigned to "use die cuts in a creative way", so I shaped them into a number 1. I used the Jenni Bowlin Embellished Butterflies, Felt Butterflies and punched some of my own butterflies as well.
I'd love to see creative ways you've used your die cuts too! :)
Danielle

10 comments:

Amanda L. said...

Gorgeous stuff....love the blue and green color combo for the winter card!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Danielle...these are so pretty!!! I just adore the colors on the card and the LO....oh that pic is PERFECT and the Butterflies make it OUTSTANDING!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Suzy Girl said...

I absolutely LOVE the card! So beautiful.

How's the little dogger doing?

Jana Eubank said...

WOW! These are amazing! LOVE the colors on the card! I need to try that combo for winter now. And the butterflies on the page . . . SWOON! :D

Suzanne said...

Love all the butterflies on the page, and the card is gorgeous too! Your dog is adorable.(:

Sarah Mullanix said...

gorgeous work!! I just love die cuts and punches, they are my favorite embellishments! :)

claudia shadler said...

absolutely gorgeous Danielle! luv luv the green JB button, so wintery :) Luv the page as well, the butterflies are perfect!!!

TFS,
Clouds :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable puppy!!!! I love the card...different colors for Christmas...I like that :-)...Adorablle LO too :-)Always adorable creations Dani :-)

Jennifer said...

beautiful!! :)

mollymell said...

They are sooooo beautiful! Would you mind if I post them in my blog? I recently started a blog about the things I love and the beautiful things I found on the net. Please say I can, as I won't do it if you don't agree. Thank you!