Thursday, September 2, 2010

Come and sit for a spell...

Here is a fun, polky dotty mini album I made with Jenni Bowlin's Sept. project kit! :) To see ALL of the inside pages, click HERE.
On the cover, I used Jenni's new black paint dauber to ink up the edges on the polkadot paper and also used the creme paint dauber to distress the buttons and the moon! (paint not in kit) The 2 buttons on the side are tied on with thread to hang off the binding.
I think the only things in this project kit that weren't included were the white crepe paper, black thread and paint that I used. I cut a strip from a crepe paper streamer, ran a thread through one side and pulled, creating a circle. Then I attached the moon and witch over the top and tied it onto the book binding. The moon is lightly painted with the creme paint by Jenni Bowlin. Aren't the little witches cute? :)

I made polkadots with Jenni Bowlin's new paint daubers and then journaled around the circles on the inside pages! Pictures are of my girls last year trick-or-treating with their little friend, Adrianna. We had to go to the mall for trick-or-treating in the afternoon, because it was supposed to rain on Halloween eve last year. Every year all of stores in the mall participate and it's so much fun! (and warm and dry!)

I hope you'll stop by my gallery to see the rest of the inside pages. :) Have a good day!
Danielle

17 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Danielle, this is one of my most favorite projects you have done yet! It has such great details and of course, the cutest photos! :) Love it.

AnnaMarie said...

Love this project!

lizzaveta said...

Oh! What a beautiful project!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Dani, this is adoarble!!!

Lou said...

What a beautiful book :)

Keisha said...

I love the dots-genius idea!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mini album!! Love your touch!

Anonymous said...

The cutest!

claudia shadler said...

Lovely, luv the soft orange color :) And the JB dab is awesome too! too bad it sold out, but i did manage to get the paper crafting kit! :) luv luv yer stuff, i'm a big fan :D

Hugs
C :D

Leigh Penner said...

Love this album, Dani! Gorgeous work, as always!

Heather Innusa said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful!! Love every inch of it!

Caroline said...

I love Halloween. What an adorable way to showcase your pics!! Love it.

bed frames said...

This is why I am a big fun of your art pieces. You always make everyone so surprised in every post that you are making. That art work is just so unbelievable.

Liz (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Beyond just creativity and crafting skills, your projects (like this wonderful Halloween album) truly have heart! So warm and personal.

Shirley said...

So adorable and love the paint dots!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous album. Such great design. LOVE IT!! :) :) :) :) Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

Keshet said...

This is so cute! By the way, I'm working through the Ella ebook over a few days and I am just loving your layouts in there!