Saturday, August 15, 2009

They're here, they're here!

My parents made it in Friday night and their flights were all on time (for the first time ever)! So excited! They are all sleeping, so I thought I'd pop in and post my Label Tulip projects really quick. We've been out and about touring today in the 90 degree heat and everyone is completely exhausted! As am I. I'm so happy when they are here!
I just checked and the newest Label Tulip kit that came out today is sold out already, wow! It was definitely one of my faves so far! Layle Koncar was our guest designer this month, beautiful creations by the whole team. You can see them all here.

Beautiful flowers make a quick card look scrumptious! Love these new Cosmo papers..
This is a page that I did about Taylor going back to school on the first day last year. She gets so excited to see everyone again at school. I did stitch on the chipboard letters with my machine and just ran them through like you do with paper. Just make sure not to attach them with glue dots first, because the machine does NOT like stitching through glue dots! You can use a lighter adhesive, such as a tape roller to adhere them to your page before stitching (or stitch on them and then adhere them to the page). I liked the little added detail. Lots of Webster's Pages..
This is a page I made with an embroidery hoop. I trimmed the paper in the circle shape and attached it to the back of the hoop. One of my favorite memories was this one when Kati was little and we went outside to explore in the backyard one day after she started walking. A simple day, but one filled with excitement as I watched her explore.
To create the pleats on the front, I cut 1/2 inch wide strips of paper and folded them every 1/2 inch or so (not being exact) along the strip. Then I stitched it with my machine down the center of the strip to hold the pleats together and attached them on the front of the hoop with glue dots. Lastly, I pinched each pleat open to create dimension.
I used the file folder in the kit to create this card and cut out the 2nd butterfly from the folder, attached it over the top of the other butterfly to create dimension.
And last, but not least, a bird-shaped card that was inspired by the little birds on the Birds of a Feather Flock Together journaling card. I printed the sentiment on one of the journaling cards with my computer that says, "Thanks for sticking with me."
Thanks for reading! I'm off to get some sleep, will be back soon..

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dani, your layouts cards and projects are absolutely stunning. I think these are my most fave I've seen you create! LOVE each and every one of them!!! Enjoy your visit with mom & dad!. Have a GREAT day! ~Amy Tara

Kay said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning!! Every last one of these!!

Have a wonderful time with your parents!!!! ♥♥ Kay

Liz said...

Stunning beautiful breathtaking

Anonymous said...

wow, i am sooooo impressed! all of your stuff looks so pretty! Love all of them! Great great great!

Mary - said...

beautiful projects dani - thx for the fab inspo. i can't wait to get my kit now... have a great day! :) smiles, m-

Martha said...

those white dimensional roses are beautiful...I can tell you really like them....love your style!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Dani!!!! Mouth dropping sweet creations!!!! I'm glad that your parents are there!!! have a great time!!!

Staci Taylor said...

Dani, these are all AMAZING!! And using the embroidery hoop - genius! You are so inspiring!! So glad you're getting to spend time with your parents, I know you must be so excited!!

Wendy Kwok said...

wow.. awesome LOs.. I love that one in the embrodiery hoop. Just creative and stunning!

Melonie said...

YAY!!! I am so glad your parents are there. Enjoy every little minute with them! LOVE what you did with the LT kit this month! That bird card is so super cute!

~Nancy~ said...

How exciting to have your parents around you at the moment!!! I hope you guys will have a fun time together.. enjoy every tiny minute of it ok?? Love what you did with the kit... the birdie card is my favorite :)

XOXO
Nancy

The Smith Family said...

have fun with your parents!! I just got back from visiting mine! Lovely projects--that first card is a stunner!!

SuzanneRenee said...

Hi Dani! Beautiful projects as always! You inspire me so much! I need to stop by here more often! Have fun with your parents in town. :)

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Beautiful!!! Beautiful as always. I especially love the School bus layout. Have fun with your parents!! :)

MaraMay said...

Oh my Danielle... Your layout are so gorgeous they're taking my breath away. Absolutely fabulousness!

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute!! Love all of your latest creations! You just KNOW how to mix all of these goodies!!!

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security