Sunday, August 23, 2009

Such a girly girl...

Tonight I worked on a page with my Melissa Frances products. I love them so much! It didn't turn out anything like I meant for it to turn out, but I guess that happens sometimes! I had a different idea in my head that I didn't end up using this time around. Does that ever happen to you?

I used the new Courage paper, new Attic Treasures die cuts, Glitter Alphabet, Girl's Transfers, and my favorite stamps ever - the Baroque Stamp set. The frame is a Tattered Angels frame and is already embossed..it's gorgeous! Tattered Angels goes so well with Melissa Frances. I stitched inside the frame with hot pink thread to make it pop out a little bit more.

My daughter Kati is SUCH a girly girl, just like me. She loves to pick out her own clothes at age 4 now...here she is sporting her own outfit of choice complete with candy necklace (that she didn't eat because she wanted to wear it only)! =)

I wanted to chat about stitching on chipboard really quick (see post below). It's very easy, I just painted the letters first and ran them through my machine just like paper
or fabric. No different technique to stitching on chipboard! Try it on a sample piece first. I found it was easier to attach the chipboard to the page first and then stitch. This way you don't have to hold the chipboard with your fingers and risk stitching your fingers! Just use a tape roller to attach them, not a glue dot. The machine won't stitch through glue dots. Give it a try...it's fun!

15 comments:

scrapanath said...

beautiful layout!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Just stunning hun!!!!I am drooling on the frames you have been using!

Kay said...

Marvelous layout, Danielle! The texture and dimension is amazing! Your little Kati is so beautiful. Her face radiates joy!

Thanks SO much for your tips on sewing on chipboard. I was hesitant I'd break a needle but it sounds like it no different than paper! I'll be sure to adhere it first. Thank you!! ♥♥ Kay

Lisa said...

Such a lovely LO! And yes, more often than not, my LO's end up much different than my original thought. Don't know why that is the norm for me, but so it goes. Thanks for the tips on stitching chipboard. I've always loved the look but was afraid to give it a try. Hope you have a wonderful Monday! xoxo L

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful LO Dani!!!!

Kimberly said...

Everything you do becomes my new favorite of yours! LOVE that stitching inside the frame detail...AWESOME! She is DARLING too!
xoxo
Loves,
K

Anonymous said...

oh that is so sweet!!

Renee Lamb said...

Dani this page turned out so precious! i just love it!

Jessi Nagy said...

hey doll,
darling layout.
hope you are having a great summer.
oxoxo,
jessi

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the layout!!! The photos are adorable!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous layout!! :)

Wendy Kwok said...

Love this page. esp the stitching inside the frame. Gorgeous!

roree said...

Gorgeous layout, Dani! Saw it over at Two Peas earlier today and left a comment there too. ;)

Mary - said...

this is so beautiful dani - adorable photos and great design! love it - thx for the fab inspo! & have a great day!! :) smiles, m-

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout!!

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security