Friday, August 21, 2009

Pink, orange and green...

Well, my parents have gone this morning on a plane back to South Dakota, I'm going to miss them like crazy. There's nothing like being with your own family. It's hard knowing that it might be another year until we get to see each other again. (cry!)

We had a lot of fun, touring around and got to go see the top 10 American Idols on tour Wed. night! It was FABulous!! I didn't get any photos of that night, because I didn't think we could bring cameras in, but as it turns out everyone was recording it with their phones anyway, so next time I'm bringing my camera for sure. Anyway, I'll post some pics soon of their visit!

Here is my card for the next challenge at Card-a-licious, to create a card with pink, orange and green:I stamped a swirl from the new Amber Road stamp set by Pink Paislee in hot pink and then layered the ribbon and letters over the top.
Supplies: Jenni Bowlin ribbon, Basic Grey chipboard letters, Pink Paislee chipboard/ stamp/papers, Making Memories buttons and a Melissa Frances rub on.

Another one that I made for the challenge, but I decided I liked the first one better. I painted a rainbow with the colors that we were to use for the challenge and stitched over them with the same colors of thread.

Supplies: Melissa Frances rub on, Pink Paislee's Cupid papers/Amber Road stamp/new Pink Paislee Expressions glitter letters, Jenni Bowlin ribbon, and a Making Memories button.

18 comments:

Erica said...

You always have the prettiest ribbons and most scrumptious bows!
I know that sad feeling when family goes back home :(

Kay said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your parents and I understand how hard it is to say goodbye to them! My parents live quite a distance away from me, too. Looking forward to your pics of their visit!

Both of these cards are GREAT!! I love the sewing on the chipboard letters and since I just got a new sewing machine, I'll have to try this technique. The orange stripe ribbon on both of these is SO yummy!! Such cheerful and happy cards!! ♥♥ Kay

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a wonderful visit!!!! It's sad to see them go Im sure!!! Have they considered moving lol!!!

Anyway these cards are absolutely adorable~!!!

Mel said...

Love these beautiful cards...any tips for stitching on chipboard...that's such a neat look!

Joaniebolognie said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!!! Love how you painted the rainbow and stitched over it!

Andrea Amu said...

So glad you enjoyed your family! I don't know how you go that long without seeing them!

Thse cards are sooo sweet! Love the Amber Road stamp and the stitching over your rainbow is cute,cute!

bibbi said...

Beautiful cards! :)

Johanna

Babydoll said...

Cute cards! I love the color combo!

mustangkayla said...

That must be really hard to not be able to see your parents very much! Glad you had a good time with them while they were here.

CUTE cards! I love how you stitched on teh alphas!

Kimberly said...

Those are GORGEOUS cards! I'm so glad you have had such a wonderful time with your parents too! (((hugs)))
xo
Loves,
K

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love both of these, Danielle! They're fabulous!

Jennifer said...

wow!! Your cards are gorgeous!!!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

You just amaze me how you make your cards full of texture and beauty!!!

elina said...

the cards are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! love the big ribbon and the rainbow!!!

Pearl Maple said...

Your stiching accents adds a delightful twist to your creations.

Staci Taylor said...

I can never get enough of looking at your cards, dani - you are sooo talented! Sorry you're sad about your family leaving, but i'm glad you had such a great time!!

Ronda Palazzari said...

Both cards are beautiful but I am so digging that bow! I love your stitches too!

Unknown said...

Love the layout!!! The card is so cute...

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security