Monday, August 10, 2009

New Melissa Frances...

Happy Monday! First off, thank you to those of you who played along in my sketch this week! I randomly chose a winner to receive the RAK and the winner........is..........Please e-mail me with your mailing address, Rebecca!

Over the weekend, I created a couple of things with my new Melissa Frances goodies. They didn't come out with a new paper line this time around at CHA, but DO have some awesome embellishments coming out this time! Some of the papers were just released not too long ago, and I just received them in the mail. This is a card that I created with a card base that my good friend Shonna from back home sent me for my birthday! It's a Sweet Chips chipboard card by Crafty Secrets. I traced it onto my own chipboard, so I could save the original to make more cards with! It's so nice having a crafty friend...she knows just what I like. :)
I used Serenity paper (blue polkadot), Courage paper (green), stars from the Walk for the Cure Die Cuts and Boy Transfers (rub ons) by Melissa Frances. Buttons are from a very old Junkitz set that I had in my stash. Lastly, I added some chalk around the edges (because we all know boys love to get dirty!) and some machine stitching with brown thread.
___________________

Let me tell you a little bit about the next project, a tin of Paper Dolls:

My daughter had received a little tin of magnetic faces to keep her busy while in the hospital having surgery last year. Just this weekend I decided to repurpose it (with her permission, of course!) and turn it into a tin full of paper dolls! I went with a birthday theme for the background, as it would be a cute birthday gift for a little girl. But I also thought it would be fun to create lots of different backgrounds to switch them out. Wouldn't it be fun to do a snowy, wintery scene with the Melissa Frances chipboard as well? Or a Halloween theme with the Halloween chipboard? The possibilities are truly endless! Just by adding magnets on the backs of the pieces, they stick to the tin. They would also travel well in a car.

Melissa Frances has these adorable little 3D stickers of 2 little paper doll girls and some clothes/hats (Girly Girl 3D stickers #GN164). I popped them out of the sticker sheet leaving the backing on so they weren't sticky any longer. Then I went on-line and found more paper dolls for free from the Betsy McCall website.After printing out some of the dolls and their outfits on-line, I dressed up their outfits with more Melissa Frances supplies. On one of the dresses, I folded paper and stitched the top to create a ruffly bottom for her dress and added a button. The other girl's dress received some Melissa Frances pearls. Love the dimension and fun it added!
As a mom with 2 girls, I'm always trying to come up with a variety of things to do with them. It would be fun to let them print, cut out the dresses and add their own special touches!
___________________

Here are some of the new products that Melissa Frances came out with this time:

New Crepe Paper sheets, they are huge! I just cut little strips of them on my project above.
Chipboard Bingo cards, very sturdy and thick! And you get a whole book of them:
New chipboard letters:
Bottle brush trees in pink and ivory:
Tinsel:
Girl and boy chipboard flash cards (these are the boy ones), love these:
Envelopes and tag book:
Click here to see all of what's new at Melissa Frances, and be sure to stop over to the blog every now and then, such beautiful creations being posted there by the team.

30 comments:

LindaSonia said...

I am in love with paperdolls and your tin-full is ADORABLE!! Love it a lot lot lot. :)

LindaSonia

Anabelle O'Malley said...

That is the cutest card and HOLY MOLY the paper dolls are precious!! I love them. (I played with the Betsy McCall dolls as a kid. My mom got McCall's magazine and I couldn't WAIT to cut out the page with the dolls on it! Boy, I think I'm dating myself here...)

Renee Lamb said...

wow Dani! that paper dolls tin is absolutely the best!! super creative and how fun! any girl would LOVE to get that! Great card too! So super cute!

Erika said...

This paper dolls is awesome!!
I love everything what you do! It's always perfect! I'm your big fan!
Kisses

Davinie Fiero said...

Oh my gosh, Dani, those paper dolls are just the cutest thing! Love how you have repurposed them. I had some of this MF in my latest kit from Studio Calico and it was a lot of fun to use. I need to find some time to work with that Bingo album. I loved it!

:)

Lisa said...

I think that is THE most precious baby boy card I've ever seen! And the tin full of paper dolls is adorable!!!

Leslie Ashe said...

DANI!! I want to play with the paper dolls!! I LOVE them!! GORGEOUS card too...that is a CUTE CUTE idea with the overalls!
I've missed talking to you!

LOVE all that new Melissa Frances goods!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Rebecca Keppel said...

WOW! Thanks for the sketch challenge! All of these projects are amazing. That card is adorable and those paper dolls are the cutest ever--what fun!

dstandard said...

Your work is amazing and so inspiring - thanks for the sketch!

Liz said...

sweet

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Stunning card!I love the goodies too! And you did well on that tin.So so cute eye candies here!tfs!

Rita S. said...

So creative repurposing that tin with the doll stickers and embellishing the little outfits - love it! Adorable and beautiful new MF embellishments!

Giovana said...

Your projects are amazing!! The paper dollies are great!!

God bless
Giovana

Erica said...

oh, I love the trees and tinsel! I must get some of those!

Sasha Farina said...

i am now hankering over that bingo chipboard book and its all your fault :P

Tina Johnson said...

The paper dolls idea is just crazy good!! That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. What a special present for a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you ... getting to work with all that wonderful product! I just love the little paper dolls tin... how darling! Have a great day Dani! ~Amy Tara~

Christiane said...

you did a great job with all the ML stuff!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Seriously Dani!!!! You are the bomb!!!! Your creations are AWESOME!!!

Kay said...

Darling, darling baby card Danielle!! I love the sweet little collar and the pocket is adorable! Your "shaped" cards are always the BEST!!!

I can't get over the paper dolls and tin! What a creative idea!! I would love to play with these myself!! ;o) No kidding!! These will be an unbelievable gift!

Thank you for the Melissa Frances sneak peek. The Bottle Brush Trees and Tinsel really caught my eye! And I love the packaging! ♥♥ Kay

Kimberly said...

AMAZING! You are so creative..I LOVE all the inspiration that exudes from everything you create! :)))
LOVE the sketch in the post before too!
xoxo
Loves,
K

Shelley Haganman said...

You are so inspirational!! I love all your projects....especially the adorable paper dolls for your daughter! Fabulous!

Cathy R. said...

Another beautiful card, Danielle!
You are SO talented!!!... well, I am sure you know that, lol!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful paper dolls as well! Your daughter must be super :) !!

Melonie said...

Ok those bottle brush trees totally have my heart! I have a whole collection of them but I don't have any pink ones!! Love the card and paper dolls too. You are too amazing for words.

Jodi said...

OMGosh!!! Those paper dolls are adorable!!!

So many fun things coming from MF!! I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, those paper dolls are amazing!! You've totally inspired me to make some of these for Sage-- and such perfect timing, as her birthday is one month away.
Now to find a tin to use to store and make backgrounds with....
Thanks, Dani!

Greta Adams said...

u must have the patience of a saint :) the paper dolls are just way to cool for my brain to comprehend :)

de said...

Your projects are amazing! The baby card is just adorable and I love the paper dolls!

MacKenzie said...

Adorable eye candy! I gave you a shout out today in my Friday Faves.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ohydozar.kogaryu.com/tygobymu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money