Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hey Diddle Diddle...

Would you believe this page actually started out as a card? I was playing around with these star stamps by Melissa Frances (#ME05) and was going to make a baby card with them, when I thought of nursery rhymes/books and decided to scrap these photos of Kati reading her books! The little card sort of looked like a book to me when I was done with it, so I created a page to go around it and then added the photos. These little 3D stickers (cat and cow #GN162) are so cute!

To create the bottom piece, I stamped the star with honey colored ink over the yellow cardstock. Then I printed out the Hey Diddle Diddle nursery rhyme from my computer onto the piece and stitched lines underneath with my sewing machine.

The top green piece is just cardstock stamped with Versamark ink, which just creates a darker image than the color of cardstock you are using.

Kati "reads" her books to me and it's so sweet listening to the stories she comes up with. One of her favorite books is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? One day when I was taking photos of her, I also took some of the books she reads most often on her shelf. So glad I did!

I will have to take more photos of our "everyday" life. Little things like this are what I want to remember.

Thank you for stopping by today and thanks for all your sweet comments! I appreciate them! =)

Supplies: 3D stickers, polkadot paper, star die cut and star stamp: Melissa Frances. Chipboard letters: Pink Paislee. Brad: Making Memories. Star chipboard: Scenic Route. Cardstock: craft supply.

**Edited to add: You can find the stamp set that I used on this page for purchase at Emma's Paperie HERE. Emma's carries a variety of the Melissa Frances products.**

15 comments:

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi!!
I was gotten passionate for its blog and mainly for its works! I am Brazilian and I decided give to you a friendship stemp for your blog.
I wait that it likes Cynthia Lloréns http://cyndiscrap.blogspot.com

Cathy R. said...

Wow!! What a cute layout!!
I just love everything I see :)

Unknown said...

Oh!! nice card...
I love your colors combinations...
what a lovely layout...

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

mustangkayla said...

Adorable layout! Brown Bear is one of my sons favorite books too!

nikki said...

loooove the sewing for the journaling lines... great layout!

Kay said...

Precious!! I'm admiring all the little details like the stitching and the black & white brad. So sweet!
♥♥ Kay

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!!!

Staci Taylor said...

Oh dani, this is totally fabulous!! I absolutely love your work and your creativity!

Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous Danielle!!!! I love the difference in colors, they work so well together!

Isn't Montana beautiful? I bet the Dakota's are as well! I've always wanted to go there myself. I know that you must miss home a lot. I'm from Florida and don't miss that too much, LOL! :) Oh well visiting with family is nice, but living there is too hot!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, it always warms the heart when people stop by!

Hope you have a great rest of the week girlie!

E.

Julie Overby said...

It's totally adorable!! What a great way to get some inspiration! My kids all loved and still do love 'Brown Bear' too!

Christiane said...

hey creative hun,
still so much eyecandy here!! love it!! hugs!!

Unknown said...

Where can I buy these cute stamps?

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

I love the details hun.And you really rock with stamps!!!!Just pretty.

ellen s. said...

i love those 3D melissa frances stamps! awesome layout

Daniela Dobson said...

Oh, this is so adorable! It is so cute that she reads to you. I sure hope that Alex will do that as well. He loves books and we have been reading to him since he was 3 months old. I did a page two weeks ago with his favorite books. He gets so excited and picks his own.
Love the little star stamp.