Tuesday, August 4, 2009

H*2*Woah!

The sun is finally settling into our area, it's been a long rainy summer. I keep saying I think the seasons are shifting! Seems like spring didn't arrive until June or so and now it finally feels like summer here. Good thing the kids don't go back to school until Sept. 10th, so we still have time to enjoy it!

I was asked to be the guest designer for August for a Japanese sketch blog called Scrap in Japan. So this is what I came up with! Photos are of my little Kati 2 years ago when we went to the ocean. I love her expressions, they still crack me up! Photos like this really grab me... and I love to scrap them because they remind me of the moment, the sites, sounds and feelings of being at the ocean.
I drew the water splashes lightly with a pencil and then stitched over them with embroidery floss. I wanted to carry the theme throughout the page, so in Photoshop I created a new document, made it pink and then added the white stars and "woah!"s in the background with the text tool. Then when I printed it out and placed it on my page, I cropped it to the size I needed.
I created the brown strip the same way. After I figured out the dimensions I needed for my journaling, I created a new document, colored it brown in Photoshop and added white text.
This page is made with the new Cupid line of papers and brads by Pink Paislee!

Here is the sketch. Would you like to play along? If so, create a page based on this sketch and link me up in the comments here on my blog. I will choose one random winner for some scrapbooking goodies on Sunday the 9th! Be sure to also leave a link to your creation at the Scrap for Japan site as well!
Can't wait to see your version!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable LO!!! I wish I had time to play along!! Maybe next time :-)

Hugs, char

Jennifer Beason said...

Love it, Dani - And such a cute title!!! :)

Shirley said...

That's so cute Dani!

Carrie said...

dani, this is so adorable!
lovin' the real life moments you captured in your photos! great details too!

yuko.a said...

Thank you for providing your skecth for our challenge site(scrap in Japan).We are very happy!!

ellen s. said...

that title is the cutest! great layout and i love the sketch, congrats on the spot

Karen said...

So gorgeous Dani! I love the photos, the colors and that bit of stitching!

Hugs,
Karen

Melonie said...

That is the cutest Dani! Love the color scheme!

mylen said...

Your page is really great ! And your layout !!! really love it ! So i've participated and you can find my page there : http://mylso.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/page-et-blogs-candy/

See you soon !
Mylen

V_i_74 said...

Très très jolie page!
Le sketch est vraiment sympa!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful page! I always love your hand stitching!

Mary - said...

adorable layout dani - love the colors &your take on the sketch!! thx for the great inspo!! happy friday! :) smiles, m-

Sophia said...

Here is mine, hope you can see it...

http://picasaweb.google.com/SophiaAllison1/LAYOUTS#5367271513936002306

This was fun...

Danielle Flanders said...

http://www.treasuredscrapbooking.com/gallerypp/showphoto.php?photo=18620&cat=500&ppuser=201

Linda

dstandard said...

Love your sketch - let me see if I can find some pictures this weekend

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Oh Danielle! What a fun sketch. Thanks for sharing. really hope I could play along.

Akiko Kuroki said...

Thank you for receiving an offer this time! It is impressed by the very great sketch.

Akiko

Elizabeth said...

Dani I played along but will have to post it tomorrow as it's too dark! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Christiane said...

this is a wonderful layout and a great sketch!! bummer but we have visitors this weekend!! have a good one!! ;)

Leigh Penner said...

Love your layout and the sketch, Dani! Here's my layout-- also involving water!

http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47263&limit=recent

Rebecca Keppel said...

Lots of fun, thanks Dani! Here is mine:
http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47266&cat=500&ppuser=28159

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for inspiring me Dani! Here is my take:

http://itsmythingy.blogspot.com/2009/08/directions.html

Sue said...

love the sketch...wish I had seen it sooner because I don't have time to play along. I think I'll use the sketch at a later time though, if that's OK :) Love your layout too!!

Joli said...

Loved this sketch Dani!!
Here is my take on it http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47272&cat=500&ppuser=4222

Tamdsgns said...

Thanks great sketch. here's mine
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/2235415.html

Sasha said...

I love love love this and the title is soooo cute