Monday, August 31, 2009

Full of joy...

What makes you joyful today? I worked on this page late last night and it was one of those pages that just fell together by itself. I'm joyful when that happens! =)

The circles were cut around the design in the patterned paper (Secret Garden line by Dream Street) and tucked under the edge to give a scalloped edge look. I found this old chipboard piece in my stash (by Making Memories) that came with a Christmas chipboard pack, but decided to use it on an everyday page and dressed it up with Secret Garden rub ons and a few extra goodies for dimension and interest. Next, I cropped a photo that I took of my daughter the other day at the park to a different size (5" x 2.2") and used my printer to print out the unique sized photo. I love using black and white photos with lighter colored papers to give contrast to my page!

I love doing these 8.5 x 11" pages and think I might do more of these. So much less canvas to fill. Much like cards, which I enjoy also.

How about a challenge? Scrap a page using a unique sized photo. The photo(s) can be any size except the usual 4x6" or 5x7". Leave a comment with a link to your page by Sept. 6th and I will draw a random winner to receive a little Dream Street prize pack with some of the new releases! Can't wait to see your pages.

Supplies:
Papers and rub ons: Dream Street's Secret Garden line, die cut and resin flower: Melissa Frances, Joy chipboard: Making Memories, heart pin: Fancy Pants, Brad: K&Co.

16 comments:

Brainybairn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brainybairn said...

Lovely page! I love 8.5x11 too! My LO here was a 4x6" photo which I cropped to fit into the space! TFL!

Wendy Kwok said...

This page is beautiful. You always make it so simple yet so elegant! Love this!

bibbi said...

Beautiful! :)

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

This is an amazing layout hun.Love how you choose to use subtle colors to make your photo pops.TFS!

Raechelle Bellus said...

beautiful! The little details are perfect. I just love it when everything just falls into place. :)

Jennifer Yates said...

absolutely gorgeous! Awesome challenge too!! :)) have a great week!

Iren said...

So adorable and lovely!!!

Hugs

Jacey's Mom said...

I love your layout. Your daughter's a cutie pie too.
My layout.

Wahkuna said...

This is a beautiful page, I love your color story!

Julie Overby said...

Gorgeous, Dani!

roree said...

Gorgeous page and a fun challenge, Dani! Love how you did the scallops and the large title!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh this page is simply gorgeous! I love the big, "Joy", it really pops!! Have a great week Danielle. :)

Staci Taylor said...

I love your challenge, dani, and I looooove this gorgeous layout! The oversized title is so eye catching!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your layout and what a great challenge!
I've been doing a few layouts lately with odd sized photos, so I'll share this one with you for your challenge:

http://www.labeltulip.com/forum/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1846

Karola Witczak said...

Beautiful page, so deligtful! Love it!