...to the one I love. I hope not to get too sappy on you! Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it. 10 years? Seriously? Where did the time go? He said yesterday that it feels like 4 years or less. I'll take that as a compliment. ha =)
So...11 years ago we were living in Rapid City, S.D. He was in the Air Force and I was an elementary teacher. On our first date, he took me to Custer State Park where we drove and drove and finally stopped to enjoy the peacefulness and beauty around us. Not a soul around! We talked for hours sitting there on the back of his tail gate. I never looked back after that day!
Let me tell you what I love so much about him:
1. His drive - he's the most motivated person I've ever met. And I tend to procrastinate. He gets me moving when I need to! He has taught himself everything he needed to know about computers and took himself from the military where we were completely broke to a great position in systems administration and networking.
2. His faithfulness - he's always here, every night, wrestling his girls and giving us the attention that 3 girls need. (alot!)
3. His character - he always sticks up for what he believes in and doesn't care what others think or say. I admire that because I am always worried what people think and he reminds me that it's not important.
4. He's a jack of all trades - ever since we moved in to this house 5 years ago, he has worked so hard to get it to be how it is today...he finished the basement, extended our yard so the girls could have a big backyard to play in, added trim and molding, just made it home for us. And he just knows how to do it all, plumbing, electrical, you name it.
5. He works so hard for us and wants me to stay home with the girls to give them a good home and be here for them. I love you, honey!
Here is a card I made for him last night. I hope he doesn't see this before tomorrow. I'm going to write a note inside for him...
I can't get enough of these little pockets from the Maya Road binder album. And I finally found the Apron Lace punch by Fiskars at the Fiskars site! Rub ons are of course none other than Melissa Frances, foam numbers are by Close to My Heart (thank you, Maria!!). I love these numbers.
For our anniversary, we are just going out to dinner with some friends. We haven't done that in awhile and we both agreed it would be fun! We'd love to take a trip somewhere one of these days, just the 2 of us, but it's so hard with little ones that you can't leave for very long. Soon we will be able to! Soon! Well, take care out there and have a safe Memorial weekend!