Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Trend - Masking

Today I have a little layout to share with you that I created for the Pink Paislee blog, it's called 1.2.3. Whee! These pics are of Kati last summer in her bathing suit going down the slide...her expressions crack me up! She looked scared, but kept wanting to do it over and over again. ha
The topic for the blog today was Trends and lately I've been seeing all these cool backgrounds that people are making themselves with mist and masks. I wanted to try it out, but only had one color of mist (green) and that wouldn't work for this layout. So...I decided to break out my stamping ink and use that instead. I peeled off the backing from the swirl chipboard and laid it on my layout, then rubbed the ink pad over the mask. When done, I added the chipboard swirl over the top! Very simple and I love the custom look it created! I was very surprised at how the brown blended in so well with the background paper. Trial and error is so much fun!
I am definitely going to be doing more masking in the future!
________________
This next card was created with the April card kit from Right at Home Scrapbooking! Please check out the kit! You get instructions, patterns and photos for 5 spring/Easter cards. Here is one of the cards you'll be creating...
There are tons of fun goodies in this kit, beautiful trims and gorgeous papers and rub ons!
Thanks for your sweet notes about the Label Tulip team, I'm very thrilled to have been asked to be part of LT and work with such amazing people. Don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the Pink Paislee blog hop! Hugs,

20 comments:

Cassi said...

Great lo and cards. What punch are you using on the pp in the cards? Thanks!

Lisa said...

Your LO is adorable! :) I have yet to try masking. Lately I have been stuck in a rut and I find myself just sticking with the tried and true. Glimmer mists are at the top of my shopping list, so maybe I will break out of my comfort zone soon. lol! Absolutely LOVE the butterfly on the card! Sounds like a great kit!

Danielle Flanders said...

Cassie, I have the lace punch by Fiskars and that is what I used on the spring card.
Danielle

Unknown said...

Your LO is wonderful. I love these colors and your daughter is so sweet.
The card is great.The butterfly is amazing.
Greatings from Germany
Sandy

Kay said...

Danielle, this layout is gorgeous! Your artistry is amazing and your little girl just could not be any more darling!!! Love how you did the masking! I'll have to check out the card kit. You make me want to buy all the kits you design for! LOL!!!! Kay

Mary - said...

dani - this layout is amazing - i love how you used that photos and the masking looks awesome - something that i am going to have to bring myself to try... also love the card. beautiful. have a great day! :) m-

Cassi said...

Thanks Danielle -- looks great :)

Anonymous said...

This LO turned our terrific!! I have been trying masks...but just experamenting!! I got my card kit and will be making these cute cards for the girls in my office for easter!! Thanks Dani!!

Leigh Penner said...

I love that layout (& technique!) It turned out so wonderfully!!
And your card is gorgeous, too!

Leslie Ashe said...

That technique is so fun!! I LOVE how you used your stamp pad! I'm going to try that...

Adore your card too, wow! I love how you did the butterfly center and thar ribbon under it...SO creative and fun!!

:D

Melonie said...

Super cute LO! Love that technique and how you layered the chipboard over it! Amazing effect. Cute card too:)

Unknown said...

L♥ve your fabulous card and darling layout Dani!!! Congrats again on your new DT gig... YaY!!!!
hugs!!
~rae

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous layout and card, Dani. Congrats on the Label Tulip DT!!

Danielle Holsapple said...

I really want to try your masking now! I ADORE that layout!!!!! WOW! And the card - too cute! Adorable butterfly!

AbbieTorroll said...

such. cute. stuff!! Love your page and that card, wow!! love it!

Daniela Dobson said...

I adore that layout!! The masking is awesome and I love the idea of using the backing...I would just throw it away. Love the photos, too. Alex is just now getting a hang of going down the slide. Loves to go up the slide and down on his belly.
I see you are using a new punch on that adorable spring card, so cute. Love the gathered ribbon. OK, I just love it all.

Chrys said...

Wonderful projects! Very inspiring! :)

Sherry Wright said...

Such wonderful eye candy Dani, love your PP projects above as well. Have a great weekend. :)

merryheart2 said...

the photos on the layout are great. i just tried masking last week and i had fun with it.
i love the card.

congratulations on the design team.
Sandra

Shirley said...

I've never seen a card of yours I didn't love and these are no exception! Beautiful!