Monday, April 27, 2009

A fun technique!

Have you ever tried paper casting? I just discovered it a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how easy and fun it was! It's very addicting. Here is a card I made with it, the purple background is the paper casting technique that I did with a script stamp that I had...
This is the stamp that I used:
Supplies:
Tag: Creative Cafe
Stickers, pearls, rub ons: Melissa Frances
Clip: Making Memories

Ribbon: Offray
Twine: craft supply

Glimmer Mist: Deep Purple
Stamp: Stampin' Up!

Wanna learn how to paper cast?
To see the full instructions, go here to the Label Tulip blog.
Here are a couple more samples.
_______________________
In other news, I was asked to guest design for Pencil Lines this week! I was so excited, they have a fabulous team and awesome sketches. Here is the sketch for this week:My little one is so in awe of her older sister, can you tell? ha These pics were taken last fall and they've grown up so much since then!
Supplies:
Dream Street papers, rub ons and white chipboard letters
Pink Paislee black Fashion script letters
Melissa Frances pearls


Thanks for stopping by! I'll have more info about my upcoming classes in Massachusetts for National Scrapbooking Day (May 2nd) soon.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dani....You just continually amaze me! Always comming up with new techniques and awesome creations!! Your Lo'S are as wonderful as your cards!!Have a wonderful week.....

Vanessa said...

Love the paper casting technique. That seems so much easier than I imagined. I will try it sometime. Love the colors of your layout too!

Amy Teets said...

Very cool Dani!

Mary - said...

dani super big congrats on the guest gig at pencil lines - i love that sketch blog & your sketch is amazing! also beautiful work as always - thx for the inspo & have a great day! :) smiles, m-

~Lori Roop said...

I love all the elements you've added here!! Beautiful work!!

Melonie said...

I've seen a tutorial on paper casting but I haven't tried it yet. LOVE the new LO. Your girls are so sweet.

PattiM said...

Love the effect the paper cast has, awesome new technique to play with now. Your LO is so cute!!! Beautiful little girls, love their smiles.

BTW......... I sent your images out yesterday. Hoping you get them on Saturday but probably won't get their till Monday. Love the kit I won from your blog. Used some already, too. Have a great week.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Kay said...

I've never tried that technique. Thanks so much for the tip! This is a beautiful layout! I love all the elements you've used and it's a gorgeous design!
♥♥ Kay

Lu Carvalho said...

hi Danielle! My name is Luciane and I live in Brazil, I don't speak English very well, so sorry if I finish writing something wrong. I come here to say that I love your blog, your work is beautiful.
Congratulations for your work.
a big hug and bye

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, paper casting! I haven't thought about that in years. used to do it every once in awhile. Your examples are gorgeous. I just love your card.
and congrats on the Pencil Lines GDT spot. LOVE your page!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the tutorial on paper casting! I just tried it, so simple and very cool. Can't wait to do some more and implement it on a page or card. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

ellen s. said...

shut up that is the coolest. i am a technique junkie! haha. awesome and congrats on the pencil lines!

Unknown said...

Hi Dani ! I so love your new technique !! do you think I could use tissue ? (in Belgium, our bathroom tissue are not like yours ahahahah they have pattern and not good for this technique) but our tissue (for the nose) are like yours ! Thanks for your help ^-^ Smooch

Unknown said...

Hi Danielle. I loved this technique so much and I've been looking for a project with which to incorporate it. I've made a mothers day card and posted it on my blog. I just wanted to let you know in case you would like to have a sticky beak. Thanks, Kim

roree said...

Very cool technique, Dani. Congrats on guest designing for Pencil Lines! Your layout is gorgeous!