Monday, April 20, 2009

Exist to Cre8...

Good morning, hope your weekend went well! We had some nice weather and cleaned up outdoors yesterday...had to dig the mounds of leaves out of our gutters, trim bushes, rake the remaining leaves, etc. I can't wait to plant flowers again. I love gardening and being outdoors. I'd love to start a garden this year! (If you have any tips for me, please share!) The girls found a little patch of dirt and went nuts digging and getting dirty!

Speaking of getting dirty, I tried to channel my inner artist with this layout over the weekend. I like how it turned out, but wish I would have added just a bit more paint to it. I have been wanting to use these "Create" rub ons by Melissa Frances for a long time, and finally decided it'd be fun to scrap about scrapping. ha

I Exist to Cre8
Everything here is Melissa Frances, except these little red letter stickers by Pink Paislee. I love these things. They are the perfect size for titles, not too big and not too small. I added a bit of paint to the glittery chipboard letters.
Check out the cute sayings! I covered some Jenni Bowlin chipboard stars with the Maxine paper and then layered the photos and sayings on top. The arrows are stamps and I just zig zag stitched inside them with my machine.
Supplies by Melissa Frances:
Create Transfers
Matilda (lined) and Maxine (blue) papers
Arrow Stamps
Glitter Alphabet
Other: red sticker letters: Pink Paislee, paint: craft supply, machine stitching, old paintbrush.
____________________________

On the next card, I tore 2 pages out of the Small Circle Open Up album by MF and machine stitched them together at the top. Then covered the front with the patterned paper. Makes a uniquely shaped card and the notebook edge is kind of fun!
Added some paint to the chipboard butterfly and then glittered it while wet. Before I added the "wings" rub on over the top, I just scraped a little bit of the glitter off in that spot.
Melissa Frances supplies:
Small Circle Open up album
Cecilia paper
Elegance Frame Applique resin
Surviving Cancer Transfers (saying)
Doodles Transfers (swirl)
Attic Treasures Pearls
Chipboard butterfly: Spring Chipboard
Other: Prima ribbon and twine/paint/glitter from craft supply.
_______________________________

Here I used the same concept by tearing out a page from the small scalloped album and using it on the front of my card. These albums have tons of pages in them, so they can still be used for a mini album later!
Melissa Frances supplies:
Scallop Circle Open Up album (small)
Haley paper
Imperial Border Stamps
Thankful Transfers
Attic Treasures Pearls
Thankful 3D stickers
Other: misc ribbon, white cardstock, black ink, Cuttlebug embossing folder - swirls.
_____________________________

And last but not least, I used a Maya Road chipboard bird for the base of this card! Love to create shaped cards.
Melissa Frances supplies:
Kristin paper (purple)
Amanda paper (tail wing)
Spring Chipboard painted with a sage green color and softened with white
Baroque stamp (on flower)
Dorchester Keyholes White S/4
Spring Transfers
Attic Treasures pearls
Other: twill and gold twine, Maya Road bird chipboard, StazOn ink - black.


If you are looking for Melissa Frances products, stop by Emma's Paperie!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! wow! wow! Amazing gorgeous work as always!!!!

marianne-g said...

Really, really like the LO. What great ideas! All are beautiful, as usual.

Anna Sigga said...

WOW - your creations are stunning girl!!!

And that bird is too cute!

Lisa said...

Scrapping about scrapping is a fantastic idea...love the page! I especially love the little stitched details inside the arrows. And your cards...some of my favs! Hope you don't mind, but I may have to lift the idea of stitching together pages from the mini album. You will of course receive the credit as EVERYONE know I could never be that creative...lol! Hope you have a fantastic Monday!

Leslie Ashe said...

Dani you have been BUSY!!!!!!! WOW!! :D I adore your page! The stars are amazing! Your details are always so awe inspiring!!
Especially on your beautiful cards!!

Thank you for sharing with all of us!

Hope you're having a lovely day!!
Love,
Leslie

Mary - said...

hey dani - omg, these are soooo beautful. i am so lovin the little birdie card. thx for the inspo girl & have a great day! :) smiles, m-

Vanessa said...

Fabulous stuff! Love the stars, it's like a wall hanging. Said 'AWW!" out loud over the birdie!

Shanna said...

Heavenly stuff here Dani! Especially that fun layout! it's perfect! I get to finally play with my Cuttlebug! I always love how you use yours! Hugs!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are all so amazing my friend. I love the shapes of the cards and that layout is awesome. Pure genius to add the paint brush!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

lOVE ALL YOUR CREATIONS GIRL! YOU ROCK!

Daniela Dobson said...

I really need to dig in the dirt, too, soon. I have plans to plant flowers next week.
I love that layout with the cute photos and fun rub-ons! Awesome creations.

Jenny said...

Love your Cre8 page Dani! If you need any help with your garden let me know. I would love to help. I might even be able to squeeze in a visit to help you get started.

SuzanneRenee said...

your cards as ALWAYS inspire me to CRE8. I like that new catch phrase! And your layout is gorgeous. I've never scrapped about scrapping.... what a great idea!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous projects, Dani!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say...Is WONDERFUL!!! I so love all these adorable creations!!!

Julie Overby said...

That layout is so cool!! And your cards, of course, are just draw dropping. You are such an amazing inspiration. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

Melonie said...

ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how you have been rocking the paint lately. Super page about scrapping.
I am no gardening expert but the kids and I grow peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, and blueberries on the deck. This keeps them away from critters who just see lunch and since NY has such a short growing season we tend to start very few of them with seeds but instead opt to go to the garden center for starter plants. It's lots of fun and the bonus is that when I have them in containers on the deck, I don't forget to water them. WOW...I'll be quiet now:)

Neusinha said...

I love this!
I made a card that inspired it. Visit my blog. Thanks for sharing and for giving me inspiration. Your work is beautiful.
http://neusinhafusco.blogspot.com/2009/05/cartao.html