Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Precious is He...

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and share a couple of cards I made recently. I've also been working on a 5 card class for Melissa Frances and will share that information soon with you. It's going to be a "holiday card making class", 5 cards for 5 different holidays.

I'm just loving my Melissa Frances goodies. I feel so blessed to be on her team and have received all of this product! I received another box today, and she is just so generous. You are going to LOVE her new line! It's a little brighter than her usual (but still shabby), and just so stinkin cute! Oh, and did you read on the blog that Melissa just became engaged? =)

I created this card with a background die cut from the Little Guy collection, a sticker from the baby boy stickers, a rub on and lace also from MF. The little clothespins were found in the baby shower section of the craft supply. I really wanted to use that cute little rattle on the card, but alas...it was too bulky, so I decided no on that one. (Had to sneak it in the photo and put it to good use!)
This one is also with the Little Guy collection and baby boy sticker, chipboard and lace are also Melissa Frances. The button is Basic Grey-Euphoria and the twine is from the craft store. If you haven't stopped by the new card challenge site called "Card-a-licious", you should really come over and check out the weekly challenges! Our challenge this week was to create a mini card (4x4" or smaller).

I cut my card base 4x4, added lace around the edges and then added my 4x4 patterned paper on top. Really simple card to make.(Will be in Paper Crafts, Card Creations 7, 2009.)
If you are looking for Melissa Frances goodies, check out the Store Locator at the site HERE. Or ask your local scrapbooking shop to order for you. I've found a few sites on-line that sell it also. Let me know if you can't find a particular item and I'll see if I can help.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Are you ready? I have to admit, I'm not...but getting there. I have to make a mad trip to the store tomorrow...I say "mad" because I know it's going to be NUTS there! Everyone shopping last minute. And with their kids, because school is now out. Eek! I thought I'd share one of my favorite sites with you for inspiration...scrapbooking and otherwise....that is the BHG site. Today they have some yummy recipes for your leftover turkey! Check it out! We bought the biggest turkey we could find, because we love leftovers and to give everyone a to-go bag. lol Have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

21 comments:

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh is that little boy card the sweetest EVER??? I LOVE it! Sooooo, so sweet. :) Have a wonderful week. :)

TheShermanFam said...

I LOVE this line! Boy lines are so far and few between. I was going to ask you where I could find this...but you put that info on there! Thanks!!
I am not ready either and will have to battle the crazy crowd at the grocery store! YIKES! Should be interesting. Good luck! :)
Oh yeah, I was going to tell you that Real Simple had some tips on freezing some baked goods in this months magazine. I can give you the info if you don't want to buy the mag. Just let me know.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wendy Kwok said...

Dani, your works are gorgeous. You have an amazing eye for details. it is these little touches which gives that 'wow' factor. Lovely

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Such beautiful cards, Dani! You are always such an inspiration. Good luck in the store today. Ack. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

such adorable cards Danielle, loving the way you added the lace, its beautiful :) happy thanksgiving to you and your family :) x

Chrys said...

lovely cards! LOVE all the MF stuff! Enjoying playing with her stuff too! :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Dani!!! :)

Lucy Edson said...

What adorable boy cards!!! Love what you do with the MF stuff!! Gorgeous!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet cards!!! have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Dani!! Char

Anonymous said...

You so rock the MF - whenever I see your cards I am totally revved up to do some of my own. Can't wait to see the new lines and your class

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards, Dani!
You do such great work with Melissa Frances product!
Oh, my dd loves the music on your blog!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Daniela Dobson said...

You know I love BOY stuff! The cards are adorable.
I made my first turkey yesterday and it was awesome!!!! Getting ready to eat leftovers in a bit.

Annette said...

Beautiful cards! I love MF products. What a nice surprise when I came to your blog and Christmas music was playing!

Staci Taylor said...

I so love those cards - you did the boy theme perfectly!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Dani!!

Melissa said...

Darling little creations Dani. I for one can't wait to see your MF card class :)
Melis

Babydoll said...

Sweet cards!! So precious!

Sasha Farina said...

you rock the cards Dani... you ROCK! and that deco.. is just perfect!

~Nancy~ said...

Gorgeous cards again Dani.. you sure know what to do with these Melissa Frances goodies! WOW!! I hope you've had a nice Thanksgiving with the family..and that you were able to eat all of that big turkey.. hehe.. XOXO

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card!just love the soft blues and trimmings

paulien710 said...

Ohhh these cards are just too precious!!!!
Love them!

roree said...

What sweet cards, Dani! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs!

Btw, I love your Christmas music!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh my dear...You have been awarded! Check out my blog and have a wonderful, wonderful day. :)