Monday, November 3, 2008

It's November!

My goodness, where does the time go? 2008 is almost over! Yesterday my first born turned 9! I can't believe she is 9 already. They grow up so fast. Seems like just yesterday we were in preschool. I was teaching there and taking her with me, and she loved every minute of playing, exploring and learning with the other little ones!

Yesterday we went galactic bowling for Taylor's party. They turned down the lights, had a disco ball going and dance music...very fun! Of course, they had to get tokens for the arcade too....

I didn't get very many good photos, it's so hard to take pics in the dark bowling alley!

I created a card last night for the next challenge, which will be up at Card-a-licious today! The challenge this week is to create a "give thanks" card! Here is what I came up with.
I used a Basic Grey album to trace the shape onto Mairzy Doats - Just Jazzy paper (Tracy Whitney Designs by Dream Street). The large chipboard T is some Tim Holtz Grungeboard that I painted tan and ran over the embossed swirls with a brown ink pad. Added some Fancy Pants rub on flowers, a K& Co. journaling spot, American Crafts rub on letters (give) and some Pink Paislee Fashion Script letters for "thanks" in green.
The inside paper is Wonderland - Holly Berry (Dana Miron Designs) by Dream Street.
Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

danni reid. said...

look like the party was a huge hit, how fun for your sweet girl. too, too fast huh?

your card is so, so beautiful Dani, what a treasure to receive!

Alecia Wolfford said...

The party sounds FUN and your girls are super cute!! Your card is GORGEOUS!!!!

Babydoll said...

Looks like it was a fun party!! I love the card!! Unique shape. :)

Anonymous said...

They ALWAYS love the arcades! Your carad is simply stunning. You always put the RIGHT amount of embellishments! looks fab.

Davinie Fiero said...

Such a cute card, Dani!
Sounds like the party was fun too. That's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. I loe your work, so fresh and pretty!

mborrero said...

beautiful!

missusem said...

what a gorgeous card!

Kim Sonksen said...

Wowee - that card is amazing

Audrey Pettit said...

Happy, happy birthday to Taylor. They just grow up so quickly, don't they?
Love your gorgeous card, Dani! The shape is so unusual and eye-catching, and the grungeboard T looks awesome. You do such beautiful work.

SmilynStef said...

Great idea to trace that shape onto paper ... gorgeous card.

Daniela Dobson said...

This is awesome. love what you did with that card. I really have to check out the challenges there. I am hoping to have more time soon.

Tracey Taylor said...

you have just inspired me to dig out those TH monogram letters. Love this