Monday, November 17, 2008

Cookies-n-Cream...

Mmmm! I've been baking up a storm! Before we get to the cookies, I'd like to share my next card that I made for Card*a*licious! The challenge this week is to create a card with at least 3 circles. I busted out my new Cuttlebug machine and embossed a circle card with the Swiss Dots plate, added a tree sticker and rub on by Art Warehouse, pink button is Basic Grey Euphoria and star button is Making Memories. The little felt snowflakes were in a kit that I received before, so I'm not sure how they were made. But I wish I had more!
The next one is my first project for Dream Street! We were assigned to work with 3 lines for November: Cookies-n-Cream, Mod Posy and Mairzy Doats(on the card). I found this neat box at the craft store for $1 and altered it with the papers, baked some cookies to go inside and added the recipe on the Cookies-n-Cream recipe paper. It has a flip top lid that I thought was really neat.
I added a swirl rub on to the tag- cut from the paper, a rub on saying by Melissa Frances and some lace. The flower in the middle is a silk flower from the craft store.
These papers also have a treat bag template on them, all you do is fold it up and adhere! Super easy! I tucked in a little bag of these cookies...
Added a card to go with this set:

...a special treat for someone special at Thanksgiving. You can view all of the specific directions on how to make these 3 projects at the Dream Street Blog.

These cookies are *delicious*...you should try them! Here is the recipe, which is from Nestle's Best Loved Cookies:

Recipe for Oatmeal Scotchies

1 ¼ c flour
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
3 c quick or old fashioned oats
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 c (12 oz. pkg) Nestle butterscotch flavored morsels
¾ c granulated sugar
¾ c packed brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon

Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in preheated 375* oven for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 minutes for crispy cookies. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Thanks for visiting! =)

22 comments:

Daniel August said...

WOW!!

Beautiful... !

Greetings from Daniel
*Norway*

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

I love that circle shaped card of yours!!... It's so delicious!! And I bet those cookies are, too!.. :o)
Beautiful boxes!! :o)

Hege, with more hugs

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Beautiful as usual!!! Char

Unknown said...

Gorgeous stuff Dani.... way to rock the Cuttlebug (I love that swiss dot look, maybe I need to break down and buy my 1st toy!).
And your Dream Street projects are, well, dreamy! {couldn't resist!}
hugs~ Rae
{lovin' the Christmas tunes, btw!}

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oh!! love these creations! :)

Marlou McAlees said...

oh my goodness, what gorgeous creations!!! love the circle card with those cute felt snowflakes :) and love the cookie box :) x

Dena said...

My tummy audibly growled when I saw those oh so yummy cookies.
I am ALL ABOUT the cute white embossed card stock that you and Danni are ROCKIN. Almost makes me want to go out and get a Cuttlebug. Cause dang your cards are CUTE!!!

Dria said...

I love your blog Dani! Lots of fantastic project.. LOVE the music playlist to..as Elvis sings "Here come Santa" who wouldn't love this :)

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Beautiful and I love the music, makes me all Christmasy (which is hard as its still 70 degrees here!!)

Annette said...

I love your circle embossed card, so cute! Oh and the matching set for the cookies is adorable, I just love it!

Eva said...

Ohhhh...such beautiful projects!!!!

SuzanneRenee said...

Beatiful projects and I'm loving the circle card, Danielle! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Suzanne popping over from Treasured Scrapbooking!

Unknown said...

oh and finally added you to my blog roll!

Tracey Taylor said...

YUM all around!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your circle card! Can't go wrong with that embossing plate - always looks wonderful.

Amber said...

Danielle you've got me on inspiration overload! Love the cardalicious card this week...I must have a Cuttlebug! And your Dream Street projects are out of this world! You did great.

scrapanath said...

always gorgeous!!
xx
nath

Renee Lamb said...

I just love your card for this week! I so need to use my cuttlebug more...but truth be told...I get lazy! LOL - anyway....how yummy are your treat boxes and the recipe? sounds DELISH! I printed it and plan to try them out - and love the idea of the treat bag for gifts for the neighbors! thanks for the great inspiration!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous projects, Dani! And what delicious sounding cookies. definitely need to give those a try.

monica.coffman said...

LOVE the gift box idea...very very cute! We highlighted it today on our Daily Inspiration at Scrapfreak. :)
http://www.scrapfreak.com/forum/showthread.php?p=670486#post670486

Wahkuna said...

This is such a great idea!! I love it! So sweet :-)

Sasha Farina said...

that first card... divine!