Friday, November 21, 2008

All the trimmings...

I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I've been thinking about everything I'm thankful for lately and how lucky I truly am! Isn't it true that the things you struggle the most with and work the hardest for, you are truly the most appreciative for?

The other night, as I was laying down with my 3 year old to get her to go to sleep, I was rubbing her back as always...my arm got tired after some time and I stopped. A second later, I heard, "good job, mommy, good job" in a little whisper. So cute! My heart just swelled and it's moments like that that are so precious to me. Yesterday she told me I was a special momma. ha! I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my girls and take care of them myself. And thankful for my husband for supporting that too.

Anyway, onto a project that I made recently for the Melissa Frances blog. It's a 10" pillow box that I found at AC Moore in the gift wrapping section. I covered it with Ramona and Hazel paper, added a sticker and rub on saying and some Wright's lace. The swirl is a wooden applique that I found also at the craft store, which I lightly painted with copper paint. The ends are not covered, so they still open and close to add goodies inside.
Melissa Frances is coming out with a new line for CHA this year unlike the lines they've done before! I can't wait to see it myself!

I'm currently working on another mini album for Right At Home Scrapbooking...will post a link when it's ready for purchase. Here is a pic of the cover.

27 comments:

Kandis Smith said...

these are so cute!! Love the buttons!

Eva said...

Ohhh...I love these creations...gorgeous colors and I so love the way you stitched on the card to make the buttons look like hanging ornaments....very creative!!! Love it!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous looking mini, Dani! I LOVE the button ornaments. You do such beautiful things! Love your pillow box, too. Can't wait to see what MF has coming up with her new lines!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beuatiful mini dani!! I have been sooooo in love with creative cafe lately!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us!! Char

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous, as alway, Dani!
I love the story you shared about you & your dd-- one of the reasons that I scrapbook is so I can remember moments like that. If I scrap them, then I remember them. If I don't, I forget.

Laina said...

You are so stinkin talented! Love what you do! You make me smile :)

Renee Lamb said...

Love the story of you little girl Dani! so very precious! Your creations are beautiful and put me in awe every time. I love the cover of that mini! I hope you have a fabulous Turkey day!

Michelle said...

I just love the stitiching on your album!

Unknown said...

gorgeous work dani!

Marlou McAlees said...

awww, these are beautiful Danielle, love your projects :) enjoy your weekend :) x

*Suzy* said...

Love the button ornaments!

Dani -- so true that the things in life we struggle with the most -- we tend to appreciate the most. At least for me, that is how my life has gone and contiues to go. And the struggling isn't always a bad thing. The struggling 'makes' me practice being quiet, making choices that are not impact me but others also. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Unknown said...

Danielle...
I love your blog header...gorgeous!
Second, Christmas music already?? Ack...it only reminds me how much I need to do yet! :)

Sherri said...

that blessing box is so darling! I like the fa la la too:)

Unknown said...

sono due lavori stupendi il tuo blog รจ stupendo e pieno di ispirazioni

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

Happy Thanksgiving, happy holidays!

Amber said...

Love your creations Danielle, you are one of the most inspiring crafters I know. Got a little surprise for you on my blog - check it out.

Sasha Farina said...

you have magic my girl... MAGIC!

Staci Taylor said...

You are so good, my friend!! That pillow box is just gorgeous, and your mini looks amazing! I love what you did with the buttons and the stitching!!

~Nancy~ said...

Oh yeah.. you did it again!! Wow.. these are awesome girlie!!! The pillow box is such a great idea!! XOXO

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OH! Beautiful creations as always Danielle!!! I have some info about the chipboard hearts from Heidi swapp on my blog ;)

Annette said...

Beautiful pillowbox and love the mini scrapbook. What a precious little girl you have, you are truly blessed!

Tina said...

Well a minute ago I couldn't leave you a message LOL!

Anywho....I love those moments that just warm our hearts. It makes you so proud to be a "special mama" huh Danielle?? :)

Your work is as gorgeous as ever!!

Anonymous said...

SUPER Christmas songs!!& blog !- isia111-Poland

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Just as fabulous as ever Danielle. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, loving your projects! That pillow would be just unbelievable to receive!

SmilynStef said...

Love those button ornament elements ... what a clever idea.

paulien710 said...

awwww, it would melt anyone's heart, hearing those words!!!!!

Love the box and the cover....
TFS