Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So thankful for these girls...

These are my two girls...never in a million years did I think I was going to have two girls! They are such a blessing, and it's exciting to see them getting closer and closer the older they get! They are 5 1/2 years apart, so sometimes it's hard...but it seems as though they are learning to play together better each day, and Kati learns so much from her older sister. I only had a brother, who was 5 1/2 years younger than me, so I've never known what it's like to have a sister to share secrets and have pillow fights with! lol I've always wanted one though.

I created this layout for the Melissa Frances blog. Our assignment this month was to create a layout with the Thankful line of papers and I'm so glad I did this layout, it's precious to me!

The journaling is tucked under the small photos on the bottom and reads:

When I found out we were having a 2nd baby, I thought for sure it was going to be a boy, but at the ultrasound, the nurse told us it was a girl and that my girls would each have a sister to love and be best friends with. She couldn't have been more right. Shortly after that day, a song came out on the radio called, "In My Daughter's Eyes". It touched me so much that I cried every time it came on. I knew the moment I heard it that I was so blessed to be having another girl, and you two would be blessed as well.I thank the Lord that you two have each other. I wouldn't have it any other way. Two girls. I love you both more than you'll ever know. God had a plan, and his plan was perfect. Love, Mom.

One technique I had fun with on this was adding a sticker over the butterfly chipboard. Then I trimmed around it with my Cutterbees scissors and added paint around the edges. While the paint was wet, I sprinkled on some glitter. I've been having fun stamping too and can't get enough of these floral stamps by Melissa Frances! They are called Summer Breeze. Love to cut them out and add them to my pages and cards.

Oh! Did you notice my new blog banner? I LOVE it!!! HUGE thanks to Delaney Gates for making it for me, would you believe I won the chance for her to make one for me on her blog? She is so talented..you should definitely check her blog out! It was time for me to get a new one. I took a class over at SIStv on "blinging out your blog" and it was terrific. SO...you may see some changes here and there!

Thanks for visiting me today ~ have a happy day!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Layout!! You always have a great eye for designing!! Char

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Layout!! You always have a great eye for designing!! Char

Gems said...

That layout is just beautiful :o)

The new banner looks great too xxx

Leigh Penner said...

Love the new banner and the layout!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I just love your little butterfly accent - just adds to the sweetness!

Anonymous said...

I love the lo and the banner!

Anonymous said...

Your new banner was the first thing I noticed. It's lovely. I'm just noticing the little butterfly next to your signature...too cute!

Your layout is very touching. I know what it's like to have a big sister...and am very thankful that I do!

Mary said...

How adorable! I love it!

Sherry Wright said...

Beautiful layout, love the details and amazing journaling! I noticed your blog banner right away, looks awesome. ;) Loved your cards in PC (Card Creations) as well, a fun issue isn't it!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, that is a really beautiful layout. Love all the little details.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING GIRL!!!

david santos said...

Really beautiful cards! The children are the hope of the world.
Congratulations!!!

Lori Renn said...

Love the new look of your blog! Great banner! That MF layout is beautiful, Dani!!

~Nancy~ said...

Gorgeous layout and journaling Dani.. WOW!! Thanks for sharing! XOXO

Julie Overby said...

**GASP** Your blog is FANTASTIC!!! Love your layout as well. I saw it on the MF blog. Gorgeous!!

Hmmmm....wishing seriously I had of taken the class. LOL! And Delaney is SUPER talented. Might have to check her out! LOL!

Kadee said...

Love that ribbon

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page Dani!! I always wanted a sister too; my brother is five years younger than me! I LOVE the header Delaney created for you... gorgeous!!

Leslie Ashe said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS!!
SO is your beautiful layout! :)

I LOVE your new banner!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful lo..love your attention to detail!

TanishaRenee said...

just beautiful--your girls and the LO! Love all of the details!

roree said...

What a precious layout, Dani!