Monday, October 20, 2008

Remember when...

Good morning! The next challenge is up over at Card-a-licious, and the challenge this week is to create a birthday card with 2 journaling tags somewhere on your card. I used Melissa Frances paper, rub ons, remember when journaling sticker, and resin flower, a Making Memories journaling sheet, a butterfly cut from the KI lace paper, ribbon by Offray and a Doodlebug gem. Hope you will come on over and play!A few days ago, I got Kati all dressed up and took her outside for a little photo shoot for fun! I can't believe how big she is getting. I should really do this more often, seeing how I haven't gotten the girls in to a professional photographer in a long, long time. She did really great letting me take her picture, I know my husband always says he doesn't like the posed shots, but if I want to get her eyes, she has to look at me! lol These are a few of my favorites. On the last one, she wasn't posing...just swinging and watching the leaves fall....


And I've been tagged by my friend, Amy, so here goes nothin:

(The rules....link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.)

______________________

1. When I was 5, I was bucked off a horse that I was riding on with my dad and landed on a cement thing face first, had 2 black eyes!

2. My dad was/is a home builder, so we moved almost once a year! I went to about 7 different schools. We lived in every house before it sold.

3. I love change, am always changing things around my house (like paint colors..LOL).

4. I am a Gemini (which might explain #3). Love to read my horoscope.

5. I am a total girly girl...as you can probably tell by my scrappy work...when I was little and all the cousins would visit the farm where my grandma and grandpa lived, they would all go outside and jump the hay bales, and I was content to stay inside with grandma and paint our nails together. ha

6. I am very shy in real life. I have overcome it a little bit, but yes, still shy! I wish I could be loud and obnoxious sometimes, but it's just not me.

7. I taught elementary school on the Indian Reservation in South Dakota. What an experience that was! I will never forget it as long as I live. My classroom was K-2, a multi-age classroom.

______________________

ok now i will pick 7 scrappy peeps to send this to...how about: Rae, Cindy, Melonie, Davinie, Dena, Roree, and Nicole.

21 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Love the card, the pictures of your beautiful dd & the info you shared about yourself in your tag. (I taught in a one room school house grades 1 to 6 my first year of teaching, music and french.)

Dena said...

Hey Sweetness! I knew you were a teacher but I didnt know that you taught on a reservation! That is really cool. I love your lil tidbits about yourself. It is always so fun to get to know your friends better :)
I will put mine up today after I drop Zoe girl off at school.

Davinie Fiero said...

Well, Kati is darn adorable in that dress. Those curls! Those blond curls!
Love what you did with your card this week.
I loved your 7 things and will try and come up with something asap, lol.

Karina Beck said...

So beautiful, both the little lady and the card.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your dd turned out great. I enjoyed reading the tidbits about you. Hope you have a great day.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a great post, Dani! Not only do we get to drool over your wonderful card, but we get entertained by those gorgeous pics of Kati and your tagging game answers. I've really been enjoying reading everyone's random facts lately. Yours are wonderful. I can totally relate to the shy one.....I am really, really shy in real life, too.

Melonie said...

Oh how cute is Kati? Love those pics. Loving your random facts-I am totally shy in real life too. Thanks for tagging me, I'll post mine soon.

Julie Overby said...

Great card! Those photos are just precious Dani!! I think the 'posed' ones are just as cute...especially when they are 'trying' to pose! LOL!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Dani... and those photos of Kati are just precious!!

Kim Sonksen said...

OMG could Katie be any cuter?? What a gorgeous little girl.
And I totally love your card too!

mystyle said...

She can really pose for the Camera! Tee Hee! Adorable photos! I Love evrything you do and would be embarrased to put my work next to yours!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are so great! What a cutie!! Of course your card is fabulous as well!! Fun stuff to know about you. Have a great day!

Anne House said...

Dang, that is a pretty card...and what a cutie!!!!

Leslie Ashe said...

Hi Dani! I LOVE your banner!! Omgoodness that's so CUTE!!
Look at your little Kati! She's a DOLL!!!!!!! :) I can't wait to see you scrap those gorgeos photo's!

Your card is amazing.
I'm serious. Dani--you NEED to write an idea book. I'd so buy it. :)

HUGS!
Leslie

Renee Lamb said...

love your card for this week and how cute is little Katie? she's a natural in front of the camera! Loved reading more about you!

Anonymous said...

Kati is sooooooooooooooooo adorable!!! Sooooooooooooooo cute.

I have been tagged as well and I think it's a great way to dig inside and commemorate some bits and pieces about yourself.

cornellgj said...

love all the layers you added to your card! the resin flower is just gorgeous! :)

Jill

Daniela Dobson said...

Kati is adorable and I love that dress!
The card is beautiful, I love everything about it. Very creative!

Babydoll said...

Great pics! She is such a doll!

roree said...

What a beautiful card, Dani! And those photos of Kati are just precious. It was fun learning more about you. Thanks for the tag!

Amy said...

Haven't gotten the girls to a "professional" photographer? The pictures you took are professional in my book! What an adorable little girl. Love all of your stuff!!!