Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Case Study Anniversary blog hop...

Hello again!
I'm back with a couple of cards to share with you today in honor of Case Study's 4th anniversary. We have a little inspiration train for you, so I hope you'll check it out and see if there's anything that inspires you along the way. I made a couple of stamped "faux stitched" cards. I was first inspired by this photo and loved the stripes on the kraft. And this one with the stripes in the corner. That's where my cards began...

On the striped card, I used Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Super Stripes stamp set. I decided it wasn't quite showing up as well as I wanted it to with just white stamping ink, so I heat embossed the stripes with white embossing powder to make them brighter. Next, I added a stamped stitched flower from Melissa Phillips' Regency Era stamp set from Stamp-a-Faire (if you missed out on a kit, they'll be available again in October!). Zing embossing powder was used to create the pink and blue stamped flower.
Aren't those flowers cute? I couldn't wait to try them. Love the stitched look without actually taking the time to stitch...

The colored Zing embossing powders look neat on the kraft cardstock. I need to play around with some of the other Zing colors I have also! The "Thank You" and sentiments underneath are stamped with Big & Bold Wishes by Papertrey Ink.

Now... it wouldn't be a fun blog hop without prizes, right? How do you win? Leave a comment on each of the blogs, and make a card inspired by any of these ladies' projects they are posting today to be entered to win as well! See the Case Study blog for more details.  :)

Danielle Flanders (me!)

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

...and smile

I was in for a special treat when Wilna Furstenburg from iheartstudio.ca asked me to make a couple of things with her new cut files. Right now if you purchase any cut files from her site, you get these free cuts! Aren't they adorable?

On my samples, I used watercolor paper and stamped the flowers in the background with the flowers from Betsy's 1940's stamp set from the Stamp-a-Faire kits over at Papertrey Ink. (If you weren't able to grab a kit, they'll be available again in October.) I embossed those little flowers with white embossing powder. Then to bring out the flowers, I painted over the top with pink watercolor.

The cut files were cut out with my Silhouette Cameo machine. I haven't pulled it out for some time, and to be honest, I didn't even know where the cords were for it! But I found them, and it was easier than I remember to set it up and cut. The die cuts were then inked up with Versamark ink, then I used some sticky embossing powder, which allowed me to pour on some Lily White Glitter by Doodlebug. Last, a few stickers from Simple Stories finished them off with a few layered vellum butterflies!
Wilna is such an inspiration to me, so I was honored to be asked to contribute to her site! Love that girl! Be sure to visit her and take in all of her beautiful artistic pages and cut files (and her adorable accent in her videos!) at iheartstudio and wilnaf.com.
Danielle